Make sure Application for Retirement Annuity form has been returned to ATRS. Deadline for July 1 retirement is May 31.
- Your last paid day of service cannot be later than June 30 of any given year in order to qualify for the Cost of Living Adjustment given on July 1 the year following your retirement.
- Retirees under age 65 cannot return to employment in a position covered by the System without a termination period. Failure to terminate from employment for an ATRS participating employer for the entire termination period will result in a cancellation of retirement, and benefits will have to be repaid. Following are the required termination periods:
- July 1, 2009, or earlier retirees, one (1) month termination period.
- After July 1, 2009, retirees who have any combination of 38 or more years of ATRS service, years of T-DROP participation, and service with another reciprocal state retirement system, one (1) month termination period.
- After July 1, 2009, all other retirees, six (6) month termination period.
- Members age 65 or older may apply for and receive benefits without a termination period. They do not have to terminate from employment in order to draw both salary and a retirement benefit.
Last Updated ( Friday, 07 October 2011 )